Saturday 11 October 2014

Introducing myself...

I'm a 18 years old, undergraduate student who is currently studying Make-up and Hair Design at Southampton Solent University. Before I go to university, I was studying A-levels fine art, photography and graphic art. My genuine interest in Make Up and Hair Design sparked when my friends asked me to do their makeup for special events and this is the reason why I'm studying make-up and hair design now. \(^V^)/
My initial thoughts about the first project 'The New Elizabethan' is learning history from the Elizabethans era. Also, I will be looking at how the styles from the Elizabethans reflect the fashion from nowadays. There are a few facts that I know about the Elizabethans era such as people with high forehead tend to be more intelligent so it was common for the Queen to have a large forehead. Society was divided into different classes and different classes wore a certain colour to represent their classes. The pale skin was the sign of wealth and nobility and also the eyebrows are thin and arched.
I'm looking forward to this project as I can design my own look and watch my partner to create the look on me. Also, I can't wait to learn new skills and techniques from this project which helps to build my pathway to become a makeup artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment