Friday 31 October 2014

Doing basic drawings in lesson


On Monday's lesson, we have a drawing session with Kat Vogart and we have learnt how to draw lines without using a ruler and also how to hold the pencil properly when drawing or sketching (holding the top of the pencil and moving the arm instead of moving the wrist).
On this page, I have tried to draw straight lines horizontally, vertically and across the page. I found the hardest one is to draw across the page (-.-')
After that, I have drawn different shapes (circles, squares and triangles) without a ruler.
Then on the next page, on the left, I have shown the different shades and tones of the sketching pencil ranged from 6B to 2H. After that, I have drawn different forms and I have considered the light and shadows when I was drawing them. On the bottom left corner, I have drawn a cone and this time, I have added more details and tones to it to make it more three dimensional and realistic.

When I was at home, I practiced the techniques that I've learnt from Kat's lesson by drawing a mug and consider the lightings, shadows and also using different line patterns.
http://beta.copicmarker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/hatching+cross.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment