Monday 17 November 2014

Allergy and Product Testing

 
Equipments:
- Supra color palette
-Acrylic paint
- Eggshells
-An eye shadow brush
-A paint brush
-A pritt stick
-An eyelash glue
 

As I have included eggshells on my Elizabethan design 5 (final design), on above I have done an allergy test to see if I have got any skin reactions after applied the eggshells on my skin and also tested which materials are more suitable for me to apply on my skin. First, I have washed the eggshells and I have painted two eggshells, one with Acrylic paint (bottom) and the other is painted with the white colour from my supracolor palette (top). I have also put glue on the eggshell painted with acrylic paint and eyelash glue on the white paint one in order to see if I can apply it to my face. I have placed the two eggshells on my arm for an hour to see if I have got any skin reaction and make sure it is safe for me to put on my face. The reason I put the eggshells on my arm to carry the allergy test is because the arm area is the sensitive part of the skin and if I have got skin reaction, my skin will go red or swell or other signs of reactions such as rashes and will go itchy. After I have done the test, my arm didn't turn red or appear other symptoms of skin reactions, so therefore all the materials I have used on my arm are safe for me to use on my final Elizabethan design look.
Also, I have decided to use the white colour on the supra color palette instead of using acrylic paint as the white colour from the supra color palette looks more natural on the white base. I like how the colour doesn't covered all the colour on the original eggshell while the acrylic paint one looks all white and has got a shiny surface. When I place it on the skin, it looks even more white than my white base. I have decided to use the eyelash glue instead of the glue because using the eyelash glue helps the eggshells to stay on the skin while using glue, the eggshells are easily came off the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment