Monday 17 November 2014

Chosen Design

Design 5
 
I have chosen design 5 as my final design as I like how my design presents the ideas of Elizabethans used poisonous products on their face to create the white complexion and it damaged their skin. By putting on the white base, it looks like they were wearing a mask and underneath the skin (I have used the eggshells on one side to show the cracking and damaging skin effects) was damaged and applying it repeatedly, it started to affect the whole face.I have put black eye shadow underneath some of the eggshells to create a more three dimensional effects and give shadows to the eggshells.Although the products that the Elizabethans used on their lips are not poisonous, but I think may be some of the white base will get onto their lips as well, so I have used a smudging lips to present the idea of the white base also affected the lips as well. My design is inspired by one of the makeup look from Thom Browne's Spring 2014 catwalk show on below.The blue smokey eyes there are inspired me to use a black smokey eyes. The reason I use black and gold eye shadow is because I want to show the idea of  majesty and nobility which also links to 'The Phoenix Portrait' where Elizabeth I is wearing a gown full of golden beads and patterns and also black work. The use of red lips on my design show power during the Elizabethan era and it also links to 'The Phoenix Portrait' as Elizabeth I pose confidently in the portrait. My design also includes the standard beauty from the English court such as the white complexion, barely invisible eyebrows and the use of white lashes to make the lashes invisible.


http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/Elizabeth1_Phoenix.jpg
'The Phoenix Portrait'
c.1575
by Nicholas Hilliard
Oil on panel
Sitter: Queen Elizabeth I
 


No comments:

Post a Comment