Sunday 16 November 2014

Design 4

Design 4
 
JOHN GALLIANO SS 2010
http://data1.whicdn.com/images/18005292/large.jpg
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/132504414009952983/
John Galliano Spring/Summer 2010
 
For design 4, it is inspired by John Galliano's Spring/ Summer 2010 catwalk show look. The model's earrings and headdress has got pearls which links to 'The Phoenix Portrait' because Elizabeth I used pearls to show purity and chastity within the portrait. The colour purple always symbolised the royal family. So for my design, I have involved the purple colour on my eye shadow and because I want to show wealth and nobility as well, I have also used gold eye shadow onto the lids which is similar to the silver eye shadow the model is wearing on the photo above. I have used a grey eye shadow and apply it on half of the lower lash lines. On the photos above, I like how the white eye shadow is faded out from the purple and white colour in Elizabethan era stands for purity and wealth. White is expensive to produce an only affordable to the upper class people. The use of white colour also links to Queen Elizabeth I as the 'Virgin Queen'. For the eyelashes, I have created gold lashes by using eyelash glue, mixed with gold eye shadow and apply it on the disposable mascara, then apply it to the lashes. The use of red of the gradient lips symbolised power and beauty and it links to 'The Phoenix Portrait'. The thin, arched eyebrows which was drawn using an eyeliner is inspired by the model's makeup look from the photo above and I like how it adds a more modern style to my Elizabethan look. The designs link to the Elizabethans as it features white skin, rouged on the apples of the cheeks and the thin, arched eyebrows.
 
 
Equipments:
- Cotton buds
-Water
-A metal palette
-A spatula
-A pritt stick
-White base
-A puff
-Loose powder
-An eyeliner
-Disposable mascara
-A blush brush
- A foundation brush
-An angle brush
-Eye shadow brush
-Blush palette
-Supra color palette
-Lip palette
- 252 Ultimate palette
 
On below are the photos that I've taken after I have tried the makeup look on myself.
 
 
I don't like the lips that I've done on above and to improve this, I should put more white on it as I think I put too much red and the gradient effects isn't seen clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment