Sunday 16 November 2014

Design 3

Design 3
 
For design 3, it is inspired by the look from John Galliano's Fall 2009 catwalk show on above which I have researched previously on this blog. I really like this makeup look because of how the model has got a moist skin base on and it catches my eyes. The shiny and glossy lip colour inspires me to create  glossy orangey red lip colour on my design. On the photo above, the model features a gold colour eye shadow which links to the Elizabethans because gold was a colour to show wealth and nobility. I have kept the idea of using the gold eye shadow for my design, but I have also used red colour and dip the colours onto eyelids (below the eyebrows). The use of gold and red colour on my design link to 'The Phoenix Portrait' because it shows the powerful and upper class status of Queen Elizabeth I. I have remained the Elizabethans features as I have used the white skin, barely visible eyebrows, white eyelashes and also I place the blush on the apples of the cheeks rather than on the cheekbones to make it look more modern. The orangey red colour on the lips and the eye shadows help to create a modern Elizabethan appearance and style.
 

 
Equipments:
- Cotton Buds
-Water
-A pritt stick
-White base
-A puff
-Loose powder
-A spatula
-A metal palette
-Eye shadow palette
-Blush palette
-Lip palette
- Colourless lip gloss
-Supra color palette
-Disposable mascara
-A foundation brush
-A blush brush
-An angle brush
- Eye shadow brush
 
 On below are the photos that I've taken after I have applied the makeup design on myself.
 
 
I like this design look because it looks elegant and glamorous. I also like the way how I dipped the colours onto the eyelids but not just apply it onto the lids with a smooth texture and blend the colours together. It gives more texture to the appearance and looks more unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment