Monday 3 November 2014

Carina Buckley Analytical Review - The Danger Dress

In lesson, we have given a task to write a review for a blog post and on below is the link and also the photos from the blog.


Photos:
 photo scf_zps34b78f94.jpg
 photo sc9_zps6e6cc496.jpg
 photo sc4_zpsc9d27816.jpg
 photo sc6_zpsbc83a758.jpg

The title of the blog post is 'Where Have All The Surfing Cowboys Gone' and at the bottom of the post, there is a paragraph of text which the blogger has written about her post.

'How to make body conscious look fresh: generic slip-ons from Harajuku and some of that pale Venice Blvd. sunshine. Plus Friend of Mine just does it right in the first place. Called the Danger dress for a reason, careful how you walk in this one..'

Although I like the photos on the post but when the first time I read this blog post, I'm a bit confused as I have no idea why the blogger had named the post 'Where Have All The Surfing Cowboys Gone' and also what was the post about. I think the blogger should have added more informations and wrote more about the concept and her feelings about the photographs. On the photos, there is a girl wearing a white short dress and a pair of white slip-ons. She was posing at the front and also against the blue wall with the words 'Surfing Cowboys' written on it. I like the way the photographer capture the photos and also the lightings give me a very summery mood. I especially like the last photo as it creates depth of field effects and the way the model was posing against the wall.

On below, I have written a paragraph using the photos from the blogger and thinking if this post were mine, how will I describe the post.
 
My blog post

Hi guys! :D Today, I was wearing my white outfit which I recommend for all the girls who were aiming for a fresh summer look. The reason I call this 'The Danger Dress' is because as all of you knows, wearing all white outfit needs to be careful as it will get dirty easily. I love this outfit as it is comfortable to wear and looks very casual.
 
The weather was very nice today so I have decided to walk around Venice Blvd and I saw a blue wall with the words 'Surfing Cowboys' written on a wall which I really like. I also like the typography and the colours of the words on the wall and then, I started to think it will be nice for me to shoot a few photographs here with my white outfit. After that, I was thinking what poses I should do for the shoot, so I have come up an idea that because on the blue wall, it says 'Surfing Cowboys', but there wasn't any there, so I wanted to pose like I was looking for the surfing cowboys. I'm happy about the results of the photos and I think my white outfit and white slip-ons from Harajuku, also suits the theme of the background because the whole style looks sporty and summery.
 
Thankyou for checking out my blog post and have a great day guys! \(^V^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment