Monday 17 November 2014

Design 5

Design 5

http://www4.pictures.stylebistro.com/it/Thom+Browne+Spring+2014+Details+xDwpwtL1RWPl.jpg
For my design 5, it is inspired by Thom Browne's Spring/Summer 2014 catwalk show's makeup look on above. The reason I use eggshells on my design to create the cracking and damaging skin effects on the skin is because Elizabethans used boiled egg white as a base and use uncooked egg white to hide their wrinkles. I have put black eye shadow underneath some of the eggshells to create a more three dimensional effects and give shadows to the eggshells. I like how the model from the above photo has got blue smokey eyes, but I have changed the idea by using black eye shadow on the lid and smudging red lips to show the idea of damaging skin. Although the products that the Elizabethans used on their lips are not poisonous, but I think may be some of the white base will get onto their lips as well. The use of black and gold eye shadow links to 'The Phoenix Portrait' as Elizabeth I's gown was elaborately decorated with gold beads and patterns and the use of black work on her gown. The black and gold also show nobility, majesty and wealth. The smudging red lips is inspired by the photo from above. I have remained the features of the Elizabethans such as the white complexion, red lips, white lashes and blacking the eyebrows which make the lashes and brows barely invisible. I have outlined the lips with black lipstick first to sharpen the lip shape and when it smudges with the red lipstick, I think the results look better than just smudging only the red colour.
 
 Allergy Test
 
On above, I have done an allergy test with the acrylic paint, eyelash glue and eggshell. I have leaved the eggshell on my arm for an hour to see if there is any skin reaction on my skin. This is done to make sure the acrylic paint, eyelash glue and egg shell are safe to put onto my face. After an hour, there isn't any symptoms of skin reaction on my skin such as rushes, redness, itchy or other skin problems happen, so therefore the materials that I've used here are safe for me to use on my face.
 
Equipments:
- Cotton buds
-Water
-A pritt stick
-A spatula
-A metal palette
-White base
-A puff
-Loose powder
-Acrylic paint
-Eyelash glue
-Disposable mascara
-A foundation brush
-An angle brush
-Eye shadow brush
-Eyeshells
-Eye shadow palette
-Supra color palette
-Lip palette
 
On below are the photos that I've taken after I have put on the makeup look of my design 5. 
 
I like the final outcome of the look and I like how I just put the eggshells on one side to show the idea that because Elizabethans applied poisonous products on their face to make their skin white, it damaged their skin horribly and I want to show the idea that in that era, people keep on using the poisonous chemicals on their skin like Elizabeth I in 'The Phoenix Portrait', she has got the alabaster skin and my idea is showing the process of start damaging my skin. In order to create the smudging lip effects, I have dipped some red lipstick onto the side of the lips and smudged it with my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment