Saturday 1 November 2014

Contemporary makeup of Elizabethans - Alex Box's works

http://s3.media.squarespace.com/production/778371/10360678/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/SOMESLASHTHINGS-CHAPTER004-LAUNCH-EVENT-SOMESLASHTHINGS-SECRET-031-ALEX-BOX.jpg
Alex Box is one of the makeup artist from the Illamasqua art team and I love how she created very  dramatic makeup looks. With her background in fine art, she created looks which is unique and also I love how her works take makeup to a whole new level.

On below are Alex Box's works which related to the Elizabethans.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lZJnlS856tM/TscAHliHvFI/AAAAAAAABAQ/uW9hjeXUNsQ/s1600/170-alex-box-007rgbfinal.jpg
I found this makeup look very interesting as it involves photoshop effects (the melting effects and also the hair of the model) and for me, I think it looks like a modern, fashionable Elizabethan woman who looks feminine in the image. It links to the Elizabethans because of the white skin, red lips and also having no eyebrows.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgAkVnJxmFQ90aZ09jItI5hdvoKwSNx56ohDee0rv4xAY-xNycjQwl5_-CKi1XEGc2afqg2jbN2Y4glEvcuUhzanttQfYQ1U705jwYysQeZfZ4oJRjD7q9D5llnrFaUIBhSZJ8HVerLPm5G/s640/alex+box+llamasqua+makeup+artist+mua.jpg
Although Alex Box's makeup idea for this look comes from the 1920s but for me, it has got the features of the Elizabethans as well because with the red lips, white skin and also blocking the colours of the eyebrows. I think this makeup look show a very feminine style but also it gives me a feeling of being a Queen (like Queen Elizabeth I) because the way the model was posing in the photo confidently which gives a powerful and strong mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment